Friday, July 23, 2010

Birdhouse

I know it has been awhile since I've blogged. Bad blogger I am!

Here is an altered birdhouse that I made for my stepmom for her birthday. She has a whole tree dedicated to birdfeeders and a few birdhouses. I got the unfinished wood birdhouse from Hobby Lobby. I know the pictures aren't the greatest. I have to work on better photography skills!

The front of the birdhouse. I painted the edges and undersides a turquoise-y blue color.

The back of the birdhouse. I used We R Memory Keepers paper. I do not remember the name of the line. I will have to get back to you on that!

This is the roof of the birdhouse. I originally had the roof covered in just the yellow paper. I didn't like how it looked so I took my scalloped border punch and made "shingles" for the roof. It looks 100% better with the "shingles."
I also used scalloped strips of paper to cover up the uneven cut lines.
I didn't put anything too fancy on the birdhouse because I knew that my stepmom was going to want to put it outside. It took about 6 or 7 coats of mod podge to fully protect it from the outside elements.

No comments: