Saturday, May 21, 2011

Project Restyle

Elsie (a.k.a. Mrs. Larson--CONGRATULATIONS!!!) at A Beautiful Mess has started a Project Restyle awhile back and I just decided to join that bandwagon.

I just recently painted my bedroom and wanted one tall bookshelf instead of two smaller ones. My stepmom put these two together by drilling smaller boards at the bottom of one shelf and the top of the other shelf. (I am no where near construction/carpentry smart, so I have no idea really how to explain this...) After the two shelves were together, I covered a particle board with American Crafts patterned paper. I used a spray adhesive to attach the patterned paper. I, well not me but my stepmom, nailed the particle board to the back of the bookshelf. I actually measured the bookshelf wrong so the particle board was too short and too wide. The short part really didn't bother me because I just covered that up with books (the bottom shelf), but the wide part I had to do away with. I didn't take any pictures, but I took a utility knife and just cut it off. It came off pretty easy too! Now I am left with a bookshelf that I love!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I have a few graduation parties to attend tomorrow and then back to the coal mine on Monday. I'm counting down the days to the 3 day weekend that is coming up!

No comments: